Saturday, November 16, 2013

A few necessities


There are some things that at this point in my life I don't know if I could live without. Being a hairstylist and make up artist for the last 8 years has made me quite the product junkie. Being a mom has forced me to be more of a minimalist. It's not that I can't make the time to get fancy, in fact Jimmy is pretty good at keeping Elliot corralled, I have just realized I would much rather snuggle and play before a long day at work.
 1. Diorshow Iconic- My sister(way more of a make up artist than myself) first turned me onto this mascara about a year ago, and I haven't used anything since. I have pretty sparse, short lashes and this mascara elongates and thickens without looking cakey or spidery. It doesn't flake or smudge throughout the day, in fact I have to use eye make up remover for the first time ever!
2. Fresh Cannabis Santal- yup, cannabis. I've never been one to have several perfumes. For the most part I don't like perfume. This scent is warm and spicy without so much as a whisper of alcohol .
3. Fresh Sugar Rose- I'm a huge fan of lipstick. I love reds, oranges, corals, purples, pretty much every color under the sun. However, I hate the dry chapped lips that typically goes along with it. This lip tint has just the slightest hue to its velvety textue. At $28 it's an expensive Chapstick, but it's worth every penny. I shed a little tear at the end of every tube.
4. CND Vinylux Top Coat- This clear top coat is amazing. I'm pretty sure God parted the clouds and handed on down to the geniuses and CND. Having my nails in the sink constantly at work and home, my nails stay shiny and chip free for at least five days.

I hope you enjoy my necessities as much as I do,
Madi

2 comments:

  1. That dior mascara is so good I'm afraid of it. I spent the night of my wedding trying to get it off with makeup wipes, to no avail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyy girlll! Can I use some of these for this? http://liberatingworkingmoms.com/2013/11/25/mamas-must-have-items/

    ReplyDelete