Thursday, November 28, 2013

Embracing color

This is definitely one of those outfits that will have people questioning "is that a baby bump?" No people, it is not! It's an extra large cozy sweater and some low rise jeans (that never happens) to embrace the swollen belly full of mashed potatoes and turkey I will be rocking later. 
Ok end rant. 
(Outfit details- sweater- Max Studio, jeans- Paige, flats-Sam Edelman, vest- f21, earring- an estate sale)
This outfit is a bit of a stretch compared to my normal uniform of blue jeans and some form of heather grey tshirt, but I really enjoy it. I've been trying to burst my black bubble, but it is so hard. Black is slimming, it goes so well with anything and it compliments my ultra paleness. But alas today I am wearing cranberry, forest green, and maybe just a little bit of black. 
I paired my ensemble with a Joan Crawford inspired wave because it is a pretty easy version of fancy. All it takes is curling all of your hair the same direction, letting it cool and then brushing it out. Voila! Throw on some black liner and a berry lip and it's holiday dinner appropriate! 

I hope everyone gets to spend this thanksgiving surrounded by all of their loved ones, happy and full like I am so blessed to be doing. 
-Madi 

2 comments: