Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Old Habits

As the end of the year comes to a close and the stress of the holidays starts to lessen something beautiful happens... clearance. Growing up, I was homeschooled and learned my math at the sale rack. "What is 30% off of $45? What is 65% off of $80?" I have to say, my mom was a genius, because to this day I am a great bargain hunter. The idea of buying something full price sends my into a frenzy, knowing that if I am patient I can pay a fraction is always looming in the back of my mind.

 




































It seemed like finding the perfect cream cable knit sweater this season was impossible. I found this one at the Gap in early fall and could not justify spending $70 on it, knowing that they always have random 50% percent off sales. So I waited, and waited. I looked at other stores but none filled the requirements. I am 5'2 with a baby neck, turtlenecks are not an option! But alas, the weekend after christmas there was my sweater, not marked down once, but twice! 
So here you are; oversized cream sweater, black skinnies, the most perfect black booties ever and disheveled hair. 







































Jimmy and I were going on a brunch date that morning, so I thought I would be extra fancy with some gold bobby pins. I mean, not fancy enough to actually brush my hair, but more like a "Here hold these overgrown mall bangs out of my face so they don't end up in my polenta," fancy.

















Outfit details: Sweater- The Gap, Pants- H&M, Booties- ZARA, Necklace- a gift from my mom.

I hope everyone has a fabulous new years,
Madi


No comments:

Post a Comment